Tuesday 25 October 2011

Collections, collections


Photo: Bergdorf Goodman

Resort is here. The homepage of Bergdorf Goodman announced it a few days ago, so I guess it must be true. Hold on: didn't Neiman Marcus just unveiled the Christmas Book, with a few of its ridiculous-as-usual extravagant gifts? Worse: didn't I just buy a coat, which I have not yet worn because it is not coat season yet? What's going on?

I once read a Facebook poll that asked women whether they thought the cruise collection was only for people who are actually going on a cruise. Interestingly most people said no, that the cruise collection anticipates the spring and summer trends, so everyone is eligible to shop it. My question is: why do you need to shop for the spring trends in the dead of winter or, worse, when Fall is barely starting? Somehow I feel like I missed the memo about pret-a-porter turning into high fashion, with its rules about preordering at the time of the fashion shows.

Should then the rest of us care at all about the cruise collection, whether or not we will be going on a cruise anytime soon? I looked through the trends for Cruise according to Bergdorf Goodman and I got a bit discouraged. Cruise is a return to the neon hues and eye popping colors (I have a feeling of deja vu with spring 2011). Is it then worth to invest in forest green and burgundy for fall? I am feeling more and more conservative about this, but I am still obsessed abut a burgundy bag. There is hope for yellow and orange though, as seen at Burberry Prorsum and others for Spring 2012. Now more than ever I regret not bringing my Francesco Biasia orange tote.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...