Tuesday 24 April 2012

Are you into canvas bags?




Hello everyone! Do you own a canvas bag?

I admit it: I am still hung up on Celine's luggage tote. On my recent outing downtown for Milan Design Week, I saw on display the version in canvas and black leather. As you may remember, I have been obsessed with mixed media bags for spring. Since I thought that this Celine bag must have been cheaper that the all-leather version, I entertained for a second the idea of getting over both these obsessions of mine and purchasing it. Wasn't I naive. The Celine canvas and leather luggage tote costs more than the all-leather version. Which was not the only disconcerting thing about it. See, I find that canvas bag are tricky, because canvas can look cheap and get worn out easily. In case of the Celine luggage tote, I thought that it was piling a bit already in the new model on display. "Cheaper" options in canvas that I covet are this Proenza Schouler PS1 canvas and leather tote (the SS12 version of a big favorite of mine for FW11 as you may remember from this post; available at Net-a-Porter) and also this ChloĆ© messenger bag (available at Yoox). Yet I wonder: is it worth it spending such an amount of money for something that is not even leather?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...