Monday 9 April 2012

On my mind, Easter Monday edition



Hello everyone! How are you spending the last day of the Easter break?

I recently discovered that, in Italy, on Easter Monday it is customary to go on a field trip. It must be for this reason, I guess, that Marie Claire's special on SS12 accessories has a long feature on glamping, that is, glamorous camping. I am not a camper and I have never gone camping in my life, but I love being outdoors. Canadian outdoors are wonderful, even in urban settings. Montreal has many parks, each with its own personality and attractions, and spending lazy days at the park, in our garden, or both is what I am most eager to do when the weather starts warming up.

Milan is a bigger city than Montreal, and does not have many parks, especially within walking distance of our apartment. The article about glamping (which by itself evoked in my mind images of travelers carrying Louis Vuitton trunks such as these to an African Safari) thus got me thinking for the whole weekend about life outdoors. Here are the highlights:



       
             
Eating outdoors. This year we will spend the whole summer in Montreal, rather than traveling to Europe to visit our families. Hence, I want to go on many pic-nics! Do you have tips about your favourite gear? I am thinking about investing in a cute backpack such as this one by Diane Von Furstenberg (available at Shopbop). What do you think?



Bringing the outdoors inside the house. My son is at an age where he appreciates his own space. I have seen this tent at Restoration Hardware and I cannot wait to organize such an "explorer" space in our basement just for him as soon as we get back to Canada!



Dreaming big. Let's face it, I do not see myself camping in an actual tent anytime soon, but
I'd love to go glamping in such a tent in Dordogne! (more glamourous camping sites on my Pinterest board) I hope hubby is reading this post, obviously :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...