Friday 8 June 2012

Memories of Belgium




















Hello everyone! Did you have a good week?

We came back from Belgium this afternoon. It was our last trip before we move back to Canada, and we were incredibly lucky because our niece Nina was born a bit ahead of time and we were thus able to meet her. She is really the cutest! (and can you believe that the hospital cafeteria served delicious waffles?)

We were also able to do all our favorite things such as having lunch at my in-laws' golf club upon arrival, going on many explorations in their garden (which includes a few acres of protected forest, my son's favorite part), rediscovering my husband's old Playmobil (totally vintage), and relaxing on the hammock. When the rain came, we retreated playing at Technopolis (and we were a bit puzzled about how to scan a lobster at its kid supermarket), patting virtual dinosaurs at the Museum of Natural Sciences, and exploring the African Museum. We braved the rain in Planckendael, and discovered that my son's favorite elephants were made of wood. I even squeezed in a couple of hours of shopping in Leuven, and discovered my new favorite handbag store along with some cool interior decorating at Essentiel. Surprisingly, and thank to a not-interested-in-buying-anything spell (who knew they even existed?), I came home empty handed though. Aren't these memories so much better than a new sweater?

P.s. If you are going to Antwerp, you need to go and eat at the restaurant Jardin Public. The best nouvelle cuisine I have ever had for big and small palates, and an outdoor playground. Do I need to say more?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...