Monday 27 August 2012

Memories from Quebec City









Hello everyone! Have you ever been to Quebec City?

The old city of Quebec is one of my favourite places in Quebec. It holds a special place in my heart because it was the first place I visited when I came to Montreal many years ago, long before I knew my husband or that we were going to move here one day. Quebec City has the magical atmosphere of the past, and a quintessentially French character.

This weekend my husband was running the Quebec City marathon, and I was thus looking forward to spend the weekend there. The weather was gorgeous, and our hotel was conveniently located along the marathon course so that we could easily go and see my husband running and then spend the rest of the morning lounging at the pool. We rode on a carriage around the city. We watched the change of the guards at the Citadelle. We also discovered a bit more of the local art scene thank to a former colleague of my husband, who has recently become the owner of Le Chien d'Or, the oldest art gallery of Quebec City. The gallery's selection allowed me to appreciate more of the work of Quebec and Canadian painters, and made me fall in love with Jean Barry's snowy local landscapes. The weekend was really the perfect end-of-summer escape!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...