Tuesday 30 October 2012

We're having a boy!




Hello everyone! Are you willing to listen to a small confession?

Today we found out that we are having a boy. My son was thrilled -- I knew he much preferred a little brother to a little sister. My husband was also thrilled, although he had no preference either way. I was thrilled that everything seems to be fine, but there is a tiny little part of me who wished we were having a girl, and I felt terrible about it. Absolutely awful. The worst mother in the world. The picture above made me realize why. There is a way women can connect, and stay connected, that I wish I could have experienced.

When we got home in the evening I was still feeling terrible. Then I tucked my son into bed and I helped him fall asleep. He hugged me very tight, as he does every evening, and looked at me like I was the most special person in the world. I got it then. I would not want it any other way.


Photo: Momfilter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...