Thursday 17 October 2013

FW13 trends | The waxed leg




Hello everyone! Have you already updated your wardrobe with the latest trends from Fall?

I am sooo late with our review of the Fall trends this year, my apologies! I am planning on making it up to you by catching up in a few days time.

Let's begin with the lowdown on bottoms. Leather is always a big trend for Fall, and this year is no exception. The latest on leather is the swingy miniskirt, if you have the legs and  the attitude for it. I do not see myself showing up... anywhere with a miniskirt since I was 15. Plus leather is expensive, and not everybody likes the shiny look.

Enter the coated finish. It is everywhere, but it is especially fashionable for pants. As J Brand commercial pitch puts it, it is a sleek finish that shimmers with an edgy sophistication. My favorite (as usual) are GAP 1969 coated biker legging jeans. When I tried them on at the store I was in awe: it looked like my legs had shrunk back to their pre-pregnancy shape. (The black ones have already sold out twice online and in stores, so I must not be the only one).

I took one in every color (a habit that seems to work well for me lately), and returned the black ones just because they were a bit too matte for my taste!


Photo: Viva Luxury.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...