Thursday 24 October 2013

Greyout




Hello everyone! What is your favourite palette for FW13?

Lucky magazine may be right, that following SS13, this November there is nothing like black and white (pardon me the rhyme).

I love the simplicity of the white silk shirt + black pants combo for an evening out (or in, who am I kidding?), but I recently discovered that my love of black and white pretty much ends there.

I think many years of my parents' aversion for black clothing on young girls, especially when close to one's face, have caught up with me. When I was younger wearing black was the ultimate rebellion. The black Moschino trench I put on one bright Easter Sunday is one of the family tales my parents still laugh about. Even after I moved out of my parents' home, I recently realized, I bought few black clothing items, and they have contributed to fill the eveningwear section of my closet.

As I am rebuilding my fall/winter closet to accommodate a still out-of-size post-pregnancy figure, I rediscovered the same truth. I am a lover of grey more than black clothing. Lucky me, grey is another one of the season's fashionable colours.

Now if I just would find the right grey coat...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...