Thursday 3 October 2013

It felt like Fashion Week




Hello everyone! Did you have maternity leave?

One of the good things of living in Canada is that I was able to dedicate 7 months (I know!) to my baby boy after his birth.

All good things come to an end, and today is my last day of maternity leave. 

Rather than celebrating with my baby, I spent the day at the office. I had to attend two important department meetings and a dissertation defense, and in between meetings I took care of the needs of the baby (I am still breastfeeding him) with the help of my faithful housekeeper. Alias, I ran around for the whole day. Swapping flats with the only pair of heel that still fit me as I went along, I caught myself thinking: this is what attending fashion week should be like! (What I read about it anyway, since I never got more than a glimpse of it so far). 

For the whole day, the mere thought has made me feel more fashionable than the circumstances would allow.


Photo: The Sartorialist.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...