Friday 1 November 2013

FW13 trends | Are you smoking?




Hello everyone! Are you trying the smokey eye this season?

Alexa Chung and her famous eye makeup are popping up in the beauty section of every magazine. I love to freshen up my makeup for Fall, so I decided to give it a try. 

I headed straight for Bobbi Brown at Holt Renfrew, where you can try on the new Smokey Eye Collection. It looked great, and it seemed relatively simple to apply, but I found it was a bit much for an everyday look (I am kind of a fresh face kind of gal, and who has more than 5 minutes in the morning anyway?) Most importantly, it seems that post-pregnancy my eyes have become ultra-sensitive. Even the Dior makeup I invested in last winter now gives me headaches when I put it on. My freshly applied Bobbi Brown makeup had the same effect. No go.

That catapulted me in the land of hypoallergenic eye makeup, which, let me tell you, is an awfully small place. Aside from Clinique, at my local Pharmaprix I found only Marcelle and Almay as viable options. Only plus point here is the price. I got Almay's smoky eye kit for less than 30$, whereas Bobbi Brown's one would have set me back 150$. 

I tried the look yesterday evening for Halloween, and I was quite pleased with the result. The eyeshadow and the pencil have a subtle glimmer that is quite nice, especially under artificial lighting. A few hours later, the pencil had melted a bit though. I am hoping that I can still apply my Dior one without problems...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...